
We are proud to introduce Micah John Kelly and Seth Benjamin Kelly! After my regular Wednesday appt, my dr instructed me to meet her at the hospital in an hour. At least I made it to just a day shy of 36 wks. I had dilated to almost 4 cm and once we got to the hospital and hooked up to monitors, we realized I was actually having contractions. I was scheduled to have the c-section (one boy breech and the other sideways) at 7 pm, but with my contractions building and getting closer together, it was moved up to 5 pm. All went well with the c-section, D even watched it and took pictures. Micah was born at 5:26 pm, weighing a hefty 6 lbs, 10.5 oz, measuring 18.5 inches long. Seth was born at 5:27 pm, weighing 4 lbs, 15 oz, measuring 17.5 inches long. Both boys were breathing on their own and neither one went to the NICU. They did a lot of monitoring on them before they came to our room. But seeing as how my recovery from the c-section was going slowly, it was probably for the best. They put a dose of morphine in the spinal which sent me into nausea, vomitting and shaking. It lasted for about the next 12 hrs. If I moved even slightly I was reaching for the bedpan. The boys are both nursing well. Actually Seth picked it up immediately - I guess he knows he has some catching up to do. Micah had some problems with amniotic fluid in his stomach and it took him a little longer to get the hang of it (who wants to eat when you tummy feels yucky). Now that they are latching on well, we'll work on nursing together.
We came home from the hospital yesterday. I quickly realized that I would not be going up and down the stairs at least for a few more days. D and I slept downstairs on the sleeper sofa with the boys in the bassinet. Last night was long between feedings, diaper changes, and clothes changes b/c the diapers leaked. Now today we've been waking them up to eat. Hopefully tonight they will sleep better.
We feel very blessed and are so thankful that God watched over these guys. We'll try to update the blog often. Enjoy the pics!





Ready to go home from the hospital

Snuggling together their first night at home
4 comments:
They're perfect!!!! Keep the pictures coming. :)
I am so glad it worked out so well! The boys are healthy, your options were extrememly clear (C-Section is a must) and you are all home and working out your routine! I am amazed that you were able to post so quickly. I will pray for you and D to get fast, good sleep!
Oh my word! I've been out of town and I came home to this big news!!! Congratulations, Kelly Family- the boys are perfect -- the bigs look smitten :)
Oh goodness! I can't believe I'm just now saying "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" I thought I had already sent an email, and then found it in my "drafts" folder! I hope that you guys are doing GREAT!!!! The boys are beautiful! I hope you are getting a little more rest now!
Post a Comment