Thursday, April 29, 2010

Reminiscing…Alaska in 2001

Looking through some old pictures tonight and decided to share them with you. Back in September 2001, D and I took a week to backpack in Alaska. I was 14 weeks pregnant with our first. How crazy we must have been! We hiked through Denali National Park and Chugach State Park. We saw one bear - thankfully way off in the distance with binoculars, and lots of moose! We even had to dart into the brush at one point to allow and momma and baby to pass by. Wow, those moose are huge! Our last day we thought we'd take a shortcut across a saddleback rather than around the base of a mountain. What an adventure through dense brush, mud, streams, and devil's club in complete darkness! We headed to a hotel once we got out of that mess and had enough mud caked to us to practically double our weight. Wish we had a picture of that!

Chugach State Park

Our tent in Chugach


Us in Denali
D crossing a river in Denali - I don't think we've come across any body of water that he didn't get in!
Posted by Picasa
A moose antler D found. I told you they were big!

Denali - Mt. McKinley


  
Me in Denali

1 comment:

RnJWeaver said...

How cool!! I would love to make a trip to Alaska......